You chose to live with us because you want the best. You don’t need us to tell you that the tourist traffic crowding the big box brands like H&M and Zara are not where you want to be for real shopping in Santa Monica. Here are our three local gems that house the most fashionable brands on the Westside:
Montana Avenue: Literally steps from your door at Ocean Santa Monica are highly curated boutiques from some of our most affluent local residents. Whether you’re looking for clothes or home accessories, Montana Avenue is 10 blocks of beautiful retail experiences.
- Savannah: fueled by brands like The Row, this is the Barney’s of our neighborhood
- Jill Roberts: California casual at its finest
- Flannel: comfortable and beautiful clothes to live your best Santa Monica life
- Edna King: stylish men’s clothes for when you want to dress up for dinner
- Sweaty Betty: Lululemon’s Aussie little sister
- Clare V: quality handbags that don’t cost a fortune
- Planet Blue: when you want to embrace your younger bohemian
- Footsie: bras, panties, and lingerie, need we say more
- Splendid: for all of your cozy clothes needs
- The Detox Market: clean beauty products
- EXIR: beautiful and surprisingly affordable home decor
- Blue Mercury: the closest thing we have to Sephora
- Moondance Jewelry: casual, California-style diamonds in light, breathtaking designs
- Sprout: the cutest baby and kids’ clothes and accessories
Brentwood Country Mart: An indoor-outdoor super casual farmhouse shopping venue that houses the best in shopping, food, and beverage.
- James Perse: the best t-shirts and casual wear. ever.
- Jenni Kayne: local designer that has a national audience.
- Intermix: trendy high-end contemporary clothes
- Broken English: the most inspired jewelry designs you’ll ever see. stunning.
- Selima et Benjamin: a highly curated optical boutique where you’ll find your next “must have” pair of glasses
- Sid Mashburn: a gentlemen’s style comes alive from this Atlanta-based designer
- Christian Louboutin: if you don’t know, you don’t know.
Across the alley from The Brentwood Country Mart you’ll find: Helmut Lang, Theory, Velvet, Paige Denim, and Cos Bar.
Palisades Village: New to the Westside from renowned developer Rick Caruso, this New England Style “bespoke walking village” is a great way to find new pieces and enjoy a sunny, SoCal day. There are so many stores, you’ll recognize many of them! Instead of us describing each venue, go explore the property on your own!
- Cynthia Rowley
- Towne by Elyse Walker
- Carbon 38
- Tamara Mellon
- Serena & Lily
- Brunello Cuccinelli
- Anine Bing
- Chanel Beaute
- Jennifer Meyer
- Gornik & Drucker
- St. Frank’s
- The Little Market
- Alo Yoga
- Brandy Melville
- Village Optic
A final note, all of these shopping hot spots have great local restaurants, so plan a day and enjoy!